Website Maintenance, Backup and Security Services
Protecting your website, backing up your data, and keeping the code, plugins, themes, and content management system software up to date is critical to ensuring your website and the information in it are safe, secure, and easily retrievable. We offer monthly and twice-monthly services to keep your website current and secure. Most of our services are centered around WordPress websites, but we can easily adapt our regular services to non-WordPress websites as well. If you are interested or would like additional information, please contact us.
Monthly Maintenance and Security Plan
- The monthly plan provides basic preventive maintenance, monitoring, backup and security services and is best for small personal websites updated infrequently or that have low traffic..
- Update WordPress to current version
- Update all Plugins to current versions
- Update your active WordPress Theme to current version (note: If your current WordPress theme is a purchased theme, your license must be current)
- Confirm daily database and weekly full site backups are taking place
- Daily security monitoring
- Run malware scan
- Not included: Recovery of lost data from backup archives is not included as part of the monthly plan and will require additional billing based on the availability and completeness of the last available backup.
- Not included: Diagnosing and fixing security or malware issues. These items are billed separately at an hourly rate dependent on the scope and severity of the work done.
- Review takes place first week of each month
Twice-Monthly Maintenance and Security Plan
- The twice-monthly plan is the most popular plan and provides all the services of the Monthly plan, along with Google Analytics set up, 30 minutes of content or site updates, data recovery and malware clean up. This plan is best for small businesses or sites with moderate traffic.
- Includes all services and benefits provided in our Monthly plan
- If not already set up, we will install Google Analytics so you can monitor your site traffic
- 30 minutes of site updates per month such as photo or text changes, blog updates, small content changes, etc.. Please note: work above 30 minutes is billed at the regular rate and the 30 minutes of site updates expire at the end of each month if not used.
- Data and site recovery is included (based on last available backup)
- Diagnosing and fixing security or malware issues is included (based on last available backup of clean data)
- Software, theme and plugin updates, backup services, and security checks are all performed twice per month
- Review takes place first and third week of each month
If you have a large or heavily trafficked website, additional plans and options are available.
- ALL plans require a contract through the end of the current calendar year.
- Monthly cost reduced by 10% if you pay for the remaining calendar year in advance, a 6 month minimum is required.
- Prices are for a single website, if you have multiple websites, please contact us for more information
- If you do not currently have back-up and security plugins we will install them as part of the first review at no additional cost.
- Site reviews include a follow-up email listing and confirming any and all site updates and content changes along with any recommendations.
- The above up-dates do not cover fixing incompatibility errors between WordPress, plugins or your theme if the software author has not issued a fix. We will roll the offending update back until a fix is issued by the software author, then will update during the next review.
- All other work, updates, and maintenance are done at the regular rate on an as requested basis.